Saturday, October 9, 2010

Free In Your Faith


Religion has always been a topic of interest upon beings who need an explanation for the unexplained chaos that is life. Many have fought and died for their religion and their right to their religion, many have used propaganda and the means of violence and enslavement to cox others into believing their religion, and in the smoking fires of this deadening land below the graying skies, in the silence of a moonless night, many have given up on their religion, their faith, and their right to believe.

And now... I bring myself before electric eyes and state today that I am not a Christian. I am not a Jew. I am not a Hindu monk. I'm not even Atheist or Agnostic. I have taken it upon myself not to reside within and recognize only one religion because in doing so I am to believe it is the right religion, and I cannot believe that only one of these many religions are right. I feel that for most of them, they are all merely different interpretations of one central idea or belief that there is something, somehow, somewhere putting the pieces together of the grand puzzle that is life. We simply feel the need to find our link that pulls us into place.

We all want purpose and belonging. We all seek our refuge from the pains of the day from some higher power in hopes that some day we will be free from whatever it is that oppresses us, yet we oppress ourselves and others by forcing our believes upon one another. We are not satisfied in simply believing in what we believe; everyone else must believe what we believe until someone else enslaves us with his/her faith system.

Do not let the churches and the mosques and the temples fool you, they do not care about your faith. They are simply buildings, merely brick, cement, and stone.  Your faith is in your heart. Your faith is between you and your god, whoever that god may be, and no book or tongue can tell you that, neither can either take it away from you.

Be free in your faith because if you are confined to it.... What does it really mean to you?

♥Kimokeo

1 comment:

  1. Preach on, so well put! I simply for the life of me cannot understand what compels those of beliefs to feel the need to imprison someone else within their faith just because they feel insecure with themselves if they do not. I could just as easily say that I was inspired by God to say that this or that is the way it should be. Does that make it right? Absolutely not. Believe what it is you feel in your heart is right and your "higher power" will guide you if you wish it so.

    ReplyDelete