Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Emily Osment - "Fight or Flight"



Fight or Flight is the debut full-length album by American pop singer-songwriter Emily Osment, who you may know from her roles in Hannah Montana and the Spy Kids film series. The album features production from Toby Gad, Nellee Hooper, and Mandi Perkins, and focuses on alternative and electronic sounds and is laced with flashy dance-pop tracks and repetitive hooks.

I actually was not going to give this album a listen. My brother had had it, and played me "Marisol", the obvious standout track of the record, and I was very impressed by the beauty of the song and had to give the rest of the album a listen. The LP is very dance-able, energetic, and cleverly written. It has only two "ballads", which is sad because they are the high points of the record and leaves me to believe that down-tempo songs are her strong point.

"Let's Be Friends" is the albums lead single, released June 8th, and is a upbeat pop song that contains a strong use of drums and electric guitars, and lyrically boasting such risqué lyrics as "Let's be friends so we can make out," hinting at possibly friends with benefits relationships. One of my favorite songs off the album, "Truth or Dare", is the most dance ready track of the album, and makes my bottom naughty in a way that I never thought little Emily could make it!

The record is definitely worth giving a listen, and is proof that the Disney stars are stepping up their cookies and giving you what you need!

"I hope you are ready to dance because I am ready to make you."
--Emily Osment

♥Kimokeo

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely give it a listen based off of your flavorful review.

    ReplyDelete