Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Poetry: Torch

I see the sun setting now
Behind the ocean
Stars come out
This spectrum of color
This vista surrounds
But it has no effect on me somehow

I put on a brave face
But I’m hurting inside
I say I’m un-phased
But that’s a lie
As summer now fades into winter
I’m guided by candle light
I hope it doesn’t snow tonight

My tears feel cold
Against the wind
I wish my heart turned to stone
The last we kissed
So I would be free
From feeling like this
Because with every beat
I think this is it

I see your smile in the skyline
And I feel it in the great design
Yours and my love will collide
As I wait for you by candle light
I hope it doesn’t snow tonight

Don’t leave in darkness
Our love is the light
Just below the surface
I’ll keep you in sight
I could never doubt you
I know that you’re on the road
So I’ll carry our torch on
Into the horizon

♥Kimokeo

No comments:

Post a Comment